Friday, November 8, 2013

35 Weeks?!?!

How can it have already been 35 weeks?? More importantly, how can I only have 5 (hopefully!) weeks left???

A couple of quick updates:

1) I hung 3 shelves in the nursery and we put together the changing table - which is progress, and was an adventure in itself :) I have learned (once again) that C and I don't do well on building projects. One of us (*ahem*me*ahem*) gets frustrated too easily. BUT, most of the tools have at least been moved to one corner of the room and the last things to do (for now) are hang one more long shelf, put together the crib and get the closet ready for this little chub:


2) I FINALLY made a decision on the stones for the front garden (that's no longer growing anything) and we got those laid! Last piece of work there is deciding if I want to fill in the cracks with the super expensive polymeric sand that hardens and looks pretty, or just buy a couple bags of quick-crete cement and be done. It looks much better now that all the weeds are gone though!

3) This is going to be a busy weekend and then I'll have a couple more detailed posts to write - This afternoon we're taking maternity pictures and I'm super excited about that! My great friend Lisa is taking them, she's also the one who took my Bridal Portraits and always does such an awesome job! My parents are coming in for Little Bit's last soccer game, and while they're here we're having our family Thanksgiving so EVERYONE will be over Saturday evening (insert mild amounts of panic over getting everything done and thoughts of "what made me think I could host Thanksgiving right now"). Then Sunday we have another baby shower. WHEW!

After that, I'm pretty much confined to this area until Baby Girl gets here!

On a more awesome note, it's been in the mid-60s / low-70s for the last week or so and FEELS AWESOME! I'm so glad too because my little internal heater was starting to get a little miserable during the afternoons. Usually I would be in a jacket, or at least long sleeve shirts, but I'm enjoying my sandals and short sleeves still...which makes drinking a peppermint hot chocolate feel very odd, but if Starbucks has put out the red cups, it means it's cold weather time!

1 comment:

BMoore...everyday said...

You are such a blessing...Thank you for opening your home & your lives to all those who love & care for your little family! I cried looking back through the bridal portraits & I just cannot fathom the growth that is evident in just under a year's time!! Not just talking about the growth of your belly either..lol. Amazing witness to God's plan for your life... ♡ ya dearly!