Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I'm sorry - what?!

I overheard this conversation recently:

Girl 1: so you know how I told you that like my dad was getting me the iPhone6 and it is supposed to be delivered to his house like on Friday? But he's still like out of town for work and so he's not going to be able to bring it to me that night [dad lives in Houston] And so he's going to have to like ship it to me and then he's not going to be able to send it until Monday.

Girl 2: what? That's so crazy that you're not going to get it on Friday like he promised you!

Girl 1: I know right! And since he's sending it on Monday then that means it's not going to get here until Tuesday and my mom won't even take the day off so that she can be home to sign for the package whenever it gets here. So now I'm asking all of my friends' moms that don't go to work if they can stay home and my dad can just mail it to them instead and then I can still get it on Tuesday. Because if nobody signs for it then they take it back to the post office and my mom won't have time to go get it Tuesday afternoon so then I wouldn't get it until Wednesday maybe.


Whoa whoa whoa just stop.

First of all, you're 13. And getting an iPhone 6. After having to have your iPhone 5 replaced twice for cracked screens. For which you paid NOTHING. 

Secondly, your dad was going to drive three hours to deliver it on Friday? I'll leave that one alone because that's on him.

But lastly, are you really mad at your mom for not taking an entire day off work to sit around and wait for YOUR phone? And your dad for not getting it to you the day it comes out? Can you REALLY not stand the thought of having to wait 4 while days to get it???

REALLY?!?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Spoiled kids, silly parents, failed expectations.
Stuff doesn't equal love or status.