Saturday, May 1, 2010

"Incorruptible beauty"

"1 Peter 3:3-4 Do not let your adornment be merely outward...rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God."

Last week I took an actual vacation to Alaska. The sun has a very interesting schedule there (it was only dark from about midnight to 3 am) and I have always been an "up with the sun" person, so I didn't get much sleep and was up WAY before everyone else! This gave me a great opportunity to start something that I've been wanting to do for awhile: in addition to reading from Proverbs and James every morning, I've been wanting to add in a book a week. Mostly the smaller epistles; something I can read through one day and spend the next few days of the week really studying and going back and considering.

I started with 1 Peter since it fell right after James and this verse is one that has always intrigued and challenged me. I think the biggest part is the "incorruptible beauty" part. Is my inner spirit strong enough that it could be labled as incorruptible? Does that show through my actions?

Just a couple thoughts I had as I read that verse the other day!

No comments: