
It's been awhile since I posted anything, but this verse from Proverbs 31 has always intrigued me, maybe because it's something I've always struggled with!
Proverbs 31:16 - She considers a field and buys it; From her profits she plants a vineyard.
The gist of this verse talks about the financial responsibility of the woman and her ability to make judgements about whether something is or will be profitable and then take action on that judgement. Money issues have always been a plague to me. I think I'm doing really well and then the next thing I know, it's the end of the month and I've come up short again. How does this keep happening??? I've set my budget, I know what I've got to spend, I've got all these little checks and balances in there to keep me in line, and yet... Fortunately, I'm the only one who is effected by my lack of control. For now.
One of the best ideas that was ever given to me the gift card idea: I have a Wal-Mart card that gets a certain amount of money put on it at the beginning of the month. Once that money is up, I have to start getting creative with whatever is left in the pantry and ice box. I get a certain amount of cash that is my "going out" money. Movies, lunch, playing, whatever it is - once that cash is gone, I'm staying home. Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, and a couple others are things that I have gotten under control. I think Kohl's is going to be my next target to tackle!
I know that I'm not irresponsible with my spending, I'm just not as responsible as I would like to be. A certain amount goes into savings (thank you auto-transfer) each month so I have a cushion for emergencies. I was blessed to attend college on scholarships and only had to pay for my last semester so the only debt I have is my car payment and one credit card. I just need to find those last few hotspots in my spending and turn them into something profitable.
If I were a man looking for a wife, I think it would a troublesome sign to see that she can't keep control of her own finances when she's by herself and it would bother me to trust her with mine. Being a virtuous wife goes back to the issue of being trustworthy with whatever she's given. I want to be that woman.
2 comments:
One of the best ideas that was ever given to me the gift card idea: I have a Wal-Mart card that gets a certain amount of money put on it at the beginning of the month. Once that money is up, I have to start getting creative with whatever is left in the pantry and ice box. I get a certain amount of cash that is my "going out" money. Movies, lunch, playing, whatever it is - once that cash is gone, I'm staying home. Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, and a couple others are things that I have gotten under control. I think Kohl's is going to be my next target to tackle!"
Wow! That is so great!! I will have to tell my husband about that!
It has definitely helped!!!
Post a Comment