So when I leave town for a few days (or a week) and am not following my normal schedule, it's REALLY hard to get back into it - hence the lack of posts since I left for New York...but I'm also obsessed with marking things off of the sticky note lists on my desk at work - which is why I left myself a list that included BLOG ABOUT NEW YORK!
We had a absolutely GREAT time! We did some new things, met up with some friends who live there, did some of the same things again and saw some amazing shows! And then we came back to reality and it was the longest two-day work week I've ever had!
New things we did:
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade - I don't remember ever watching the Parade all the way through on TV, so I didn't realize how LONG it is! That might also be due to the fact that we got to our spot at about 8:00, the parade didn't start until 9:00 and right at about 8:59 20 other people decided to join us in a space big enough for five. But the Parade was really cool to see in person - made me not at all miss marching band - and made me thankful for comfortable shoes and warm coats!
Walked Highline Park - great views of the city, great views of the water, and a little haven of plant life - all built on some old rail tracks above street level. Our friend Shaun took us there - very relaxing walk!
Central Park - I know, we've been to Central Park before - but this time we started at the top and worked our way down, instead of staying in the bottom part of the park. It also looked like this (which is apparently what FALL looks like in other states!
So in our new Central Park adventures we saw a gorgeous little pond (called The Pool), made it by Belvedere Castle, and spent quite a bit of time taking pictures at the Reservoir.

Sky Tram - just down the street from Serendipity is a Sky Tram that takes you over to Roosevelt Island. In the summer they do concerts and different shows over there. The tram gave us some great views of the skyline from a different side than we'd seen before!
Things we did again:
Coney Island - Something about the beach when it's cold...I don't know. Anyway, this time we saw the most ginormous seagulls ever. Could be easily mistaken for a small turkey. No really. Huge.
Serendipity - it's just so good. And they have frozen hot chocolate. And you can't beat that.
South Street Sea Port - we mostly went to get tickets at TKTS (amazing deal) but we're kind of drawn to water, so we stayed down there awhile.
Brooklyn Bridge - we walked over the bridge one afternoon, ate a Grimaldi's and enjoyed seeing Manhattan from across the water.
World Trade Center - it's amazing how much progress they've made in just one year! The Memorial is open now, but they're letting limited numbers in and we didn't get tickets. That's definitely on the list for next time!
Time Square - and of course, we spent a lot of time in Times Square people watching. Pretty much every night before we headed back to Astoria we'd go sit and watch. With Starbucks.
SHOWS!
We had bought tickets to see Wicked (which was amazing as always) but while we were there, ended up getting tickets to see The Phantom of the Opera, Chicago and Rent as well - all shows I wanted to check off of my list of MUST SEE! The bottom picture is me and Ephraim Sykes - one of the actors in Rent. Our friend Shaun (from the Highline) was able to get us on the list to meet the cast!

I can now throw that sticky note away! CHECK!

















No comments:
Post a Comment