Monday, August 27, 2012

My New...Everything!

So I promised a blog post about the wedding plans. And the Engagement. And the New House. And my New Life....but since the odds of me writing four posts in the next anytime soon, I'm going to roll it all in to one post. I'll try to do my best to sufficiently cover everything without making this forever long.

First Up: I'm Engaged!


I know, not news worthy 3 months later...but still. You can read more of the story here. I was completely surprised - not at all expecting it - but very sure of my answer! I'm was (and still am) super excited about all of it!


We had to take the ring to get resized, and even though I had only had it for about a week, I still didn't like taking it off - and I had a mild panic attack every time I looked down and it wasn't there!

Caleb's sister did a great job with our engagement pictures!



Next Topic: House Hunting!


We started looking for houses in mid-June so that we could get a jump on things instead of waiting until the last minute. We also knew it would be very difficult to find something in the right neighborhood so that the girls wouldn't have to change schools. We planned on finding something that they could move into in early November so everything would be settled in before we got married, then I could just move in after the wedding.

Instead, we will be closing on our new house September 28, they will be moving in early October and I'll have all semester to slowly go through stuff and move in. We found such a great deal on exactly what we were looking for that we couldn't not go ahead and buy it. 


It's the right size, in the right neighborhood, for an awesome price. Moved the timeline up a bit, but that's ok! We're all excited to moved in and start OUR home.

Moving Along: My New Life


There have been a lot of firsts in the last few weeks, but the most notable for me was Meet the Teacher Night. Haven't gone to one of those since I was meeting my new teachers. But my calendar has slowly been invaded by school events, birthday parties, class projects, and all the other fun things that come with daughters who are six and ten years old. So, in addition to new wife and new house, I get to be a new mom!

The girls are awesome and I'm super excited to be part of their lives...although I find it ironic that growing up I never wanted daughters. Boys only. Now I know why Mom always laughed when I said that :)

The fun part of all this is going to be helping out at the new house and trying to establish our schedules...while living 25 minutes away.

Here's a snapshot of our day: Caleb leaves for work at 6:20, his mom takes the girls to school by 7:00, I get to work at 7:30, Caleb's sister picks up the girls at 2:45, Caleb gets off work at 3:00 and picks up the girls from his sister, I get off work at 4:00 and head to the house to start dinner while the girls do chores and homework, dinner plus whatever activity is going on for the day (plus unpacking and sorting and getting everything situated), bedtime by 8:30, get everything ready for the next day, then I drive home and take care of whatever I need to at my place. Whew. It's going to be a busy semester!

Last but not least: Wedding Plans!!!


Planning has been slow with my insane summer schedule, but now that things are calming down at work, I've got more and more to-do's popping up! I took about three different Wedding to-do lists and went through them all to schedule everything out. Then I revised all the timelines based on when I had time to work on it all. Then I put everything on Basecamp because I'm super awesome nerdy like that. And because my mom lives 6 hours away and I wanted her to be involved in helping with as much as she wanted to. And because Basecamp rules my life at work so I figured it could bleed over a little bit. And because I'm super awesome nerdy like that. It was a good choice.

So between work insanity and Basecamp order things are moving along smoothly! We've got a date and location, our wedding party, most of the reception details worked out, save the date cards have been sent (quick plug for Zazzle if you need ANYTHING printed and you want to design it yourself. Amazing), invitations are ordered and most of the decorating stuff has been purchased. And can I just say how awesome Pinterest is??? I was never one of those little girls who spent hours planning her wedding, so when it became time to start, I had no idea what I wanted. Thank you Pinterest.

Oh, and I have a dress. It was my Mom's, and I've been looking forward to wearing it for quite a while now :) Also, when I tried it on, it fits about 99% perfectly. I'm short, she's not - easy fix.

So on our 1 year anniversary, all of this insanity ends with me becoming Mrs. Moseley, and the insanity of an entirely new life begins!





2 comments:

BMoore...everyday said...

Thank you so much for posting!! I have been wondering what in the world you have been up to lately!! I am so happy for you and Caleb and Lila and Lainey...hectic as it is, it's full of LOVE and sheer JOY!

BMoore...everyday said...

I LOVE IT!! Hectic as it may be, your new life is full of LOVE and sheer JOY! Your patience and faith in our Lord have brought you these blessings...and you are blessed indeed!