Wednesday, August 8, 2012

May, Schmay...

I love the fact that I was just complaining about how it couldn't already possibly be May. Now it's August and I'm working on year end reports. And school starts in less than 3 weeks. And I'm getting married in 4 months.

I wish it were still May.

Summer was amazing though - had a lot of the usual occurrences and so many new ones!

Quick Overview, then I promise there is a wedding planning post coming soon. And one about the engagement. And our new house. And my new life. Promise.

June: Got to do a little extra traveling with EYL (the group I worked for in Midland and still volunteer for) to help host the Power2Wait Summit in Huntsville. Highlight of the trip: building this - 

It was a personal victory.

Had a couple of conference presentations that went well; then it was time for CAMP!!! Truly the highlight of EVERY summer of my life since 2002. End of Story.

At the end of camp my fiance and his daughters met me in Kerrville and we drove out to stay with my parents for a couple of days. It was a great time - and since they are getting ready to move, it was good to get one more weekend in the house. And the pool :)



Then it was July... We had the Cox Family Reunion - which I somehow managed to get away with NOT taking a single picture of. My cousin had her wedding while we were all gathered, and I got to make her wedding cake. Big first time experience. 


Then the next week was insane as I was getting ready to be gone on a marathon 10 day work trip. Fun fact: there are 168 hours in a week. It is possible to work 108 of them and not want to pull your hair out! We had a great conference, then I was in DC with two of our youth leaders for a few days. Great networking, great information, great opportunity. And it's DC :)


And now it's August and I'm getting ready to leave for 5 days next week. 
Then it's birthday party time... sleepover for 10 year old girls should be super exciting.
Then school starts. 
Then it'll be December.
Then I'll be married :)

1 comment:

CatherineO said...

SO much going on, but it's all great stuff!

P.S. When I read "fiance" I still went "eek" on the inside! I just can't help it. :)