Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Another week already??

I know as I write the title that it's actually been two weeks since my last post, but hey, who's keeping track?

Since the last post...

Everyone is settled in to the new house except me... but I got to do most of the settling so that helps. Thank you Pinterest for all the help. There is still a ways to go, but a lot of it is waiting until after we have our wedding shower to find out what we still need to buy. In the meantime, the girls are getting used to sharing a bathroom - which has been fun. Especially since there isn't much storage space. Solution: Shoe holders! Yep - saw on Pinterest and loved it.


Middle shared space - we have since found a drawer set for the right side that fits with the way the pipe bends so each of them have their stuff and the white one is the SHARED stuff. By stuff, I mean the bottom three drawers are full of bows. If I hear anything about not having enough hair ties (drawer two FULL) in the next 15 years I might scream.


Little Bit's side - the cabinets weren't quite wide enough to go three across, but they were just perfect for two deep. 


And they don't need that much bathroom stuff anyway. It's not like they're girls and have a million and a half things to take care of....sigh.

I also used the shoe holder idea in my pantry for all the loose odds and ends that never seem to have a place to go and end up in a drawer somewhere never to be seen again.


(ignore the awful picture) Now we don't have to keep an entire box for the last two packs of fruit snacks, or random packets of spices that I need to eventually use but haven't gotten around to, or the million and a half drink mixes left over from my trips that previously got tossed into a baggie in a drawer.

Got one of the rooms painted. It's bright. Think green highlighter. 


Yeah. She loves it. It makes the entire upstairs hallway glow when the sun comes in her window. 

We settled on some GIANT Olivia the Pig wall decals for the other room (mostly because I didn't want to paint but also because I'm not an artist and she will be much happier with this version of having Olivia on her wall than anything I could attempt.)

The kitchen is functional - and I even have empty cabinets! Woohoo! I'm enjoying having my own washer and dryer again - even if it comes with three times as many loads of laundry to do. Now it's time for me to start going through all of my stuff and moving...over the next two months.

Because there are only two months left until the wedding. I should really not be on the computer typing a blog post. THERE ARE ONLY TWO MONTHS LEFT!!!

No comments: