Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Drafting Dinner - in OCTOBER?!?!

October already... The last few (aka 6) months have flown by, each one a little more quickly than the last. Now I'm just getting excited about how quickly they are going. 2 1/2 more months and I get to become wife, mom, and keeper of our home :)

In the meantime...

We closed on the house! We are now officially homeowners. And movers. And painters. And electricians. The goal is to get the girls' rooms painted before we move, and ceiling fans in the bedrooms before then so that they can just get settled in and not have to go back through again later. So the plan is to get that done this week (ahem...today and Friday), move all the big stuff Saturday, and they get to spend next week moving all the little stuff while I'm out of town for work. Should be completely moved in by October 13 - which makes the next two weeks of meal planning, um, fun.

We switched to a two week shopping system yesterday. It's a little more intense on shopping day, but makes my life a lot easier in preparing and planning and couponing and buying.

This week:

M: Taco Soup (made a double batch so one can go in the freezer for next week while I'm gone)
T: Omelettes (always quick and easy...)
W; Lasagna (HEB meal deal - buy the lasagna, get the bread and salad free)
Th: Meatloaf (it was a hit last time, we'll see about this time! It'll also be good to just pop in as we pack)
F: Hamburgers (again, quick and easy and packing)
S: Tilapia

Next week:

M: Hamburger Helper
T: Chalupas / Tacos (I don't remember which shells I bought...one of them was on sale)
W: Taco Soup
Th: Breakfast Pizza (Wish I were going to be there to try this recipe I found!)
F: Pork Chops
S: King Ranch Chicken (while I wait for the Time Warner people...I'll make 2 and freeze 1)

Should be an exciting, completely stress free next two weeks, right?  And the weather will be perfectly cooperative, right? RIGHT?!?!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Breakfast pizza looks yummy!