Monday, November 12, 2012

Halfway through November...

Well look at that - two posts in November! Woohoo!

This is going to be a crazy week on many levels. Although none of them will be as ridiculously crazy as two weeks ago, or as personally crazy as last week. Let's just say, I have new spark plugs, a new O2 sensor and a new foil cap and my check engine light is still on. Oh, and I have a new tire. And the Princess Party went fantastically!

Now that I think about it, I didn't mention the Princess Party before... this was the third Princess Party we've had and was so much fun and just the refreshing "break" I needed (by "break" I mean I only got 4 hours of sleep in a 30 hour time period but was more rested and relaxed than I had been all week). Here are a couple of highlight photos:


We decorated cupcakes...


And had a photo booth with lots of fun props!


And about 26 Pretty Princesses between the ages of 2 and 18!

So despite the craziness with my car the week before that caused me to miss an very important meeting, and a parent teacher conference, and walk to work one day, and sit at the tire shop for an hour or so while I should have been setting up for the party - it was a good week.

Then there was last week. Without saying much, I would just ask for prayers as our family goes through a very rough transition.

And now it's this week!

It's a bright, new, wintery Monday morning. And my to-do list is a snap at work today. And I'm picking up a couple of Christmas presents today. And I'm wearing a scarf - which always makes things better.

Here's an overview of this week:
4-H meeting, Karate belt test, counseling appointment, Thanksgiving meal with our church, my parents come to town, pre-marital counseling, bridal portraits, wedding shopping, dinner with my parents and siblings, wedding shower. Plus miscellaneous wedding preparation projects. Plus I'm still working on packing to move. WHEW!

Menu:

Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and asparagus 
Pork Chops with green beans and rolls
Tater tot Casserole
Chili (already made! Thanks crockpot and freezer)
Something equally simple on Friday
Going out with my family!

At the end of this week, it will only be 4 weeks until the wedding!!!



No comments: