Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New Beginnings

Happy New Year!!!

I know, I know - I'm only 22 days late...and it's almost February, which really means it's almost Spring Break, which really means school will be out before you know it! Whew - where did the days go??

I've been trying to figure that out since December 14.

The wedding was wonderful - about 98% anyway...I'm still waiting on pictures to get back to do a full post on that, but until then:


New York was fantastic - great weather, great company, great activities :) We did a few things that I had never done before, and a LOT that Caleb wanted to do since he had never been there. A lot of touristy, must see things - but it was fun to do them again with someone who had never been. 

The Statue was still closed from Sandy, so we took the Staten Islans Ferry over  - never get tired of seeing the Statue!

We went ice skating at Rockefeller Center

Had to make a stop here of course :)

And watched a storm blow in from the top of the Empire State Building
We got home in time for the girls to leave for a week with their mother so we had a little more adjustment time. Which we spent on the road going to see my family for Christmas. Which included a trip to the range (aka - City of Iraan Dump)

Caleb and the 9 mm

Then the girls came home and it was a whirlwind of travelling, Christmas and presents! Lots of fun, but very tiring. Next thing we knew, it was 2013 and Caleb and I had to go back to work (BOO!) so the girls stayed with my parents. In a tree house. Yep. They were SO excited!



Making cookies for Christmas

My brother left with one of them on his shoulder...

And came back with the other...

Then we made a trip to Sea World - it was the last day of the season so the crowds were non-existant - no lines for rides, plenty of seats for the shows - made for a good day! It was also memorable because this was our first "family date" last year :)


Always have to feed the dolphins!

And that was it...vacation over. Time for school to start. Time to figure out our new "normal" routine. Went great...the first morning. Then Little Bit came home sick after lunch the first day. And stayed home the rest of the week with the flu. It was pretty awful timing because I was getting ready to be gone from Friday to the next Wednesday so I couldn't take a lot of time off. Fortunately, the students weren't back yet so Caleb was able to stay home some too. Then I left Friday...and the oldest came home sick. With the flu. She was out the whole next week. Then we had Monday off work for MLK, Jr Day, but the girls had to go to school. FINALLY - this morning, everyone had alarms set and we're figuring out what our "NORMAL" routine is going to be!

Here's to new years, new beginnings, new families, new routines. Here's to new names, new homes, new roles and new roommates. Here's to new struggles, new adjustments, new loves and new memories.

Happy New Year :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything is made new daily. Always look forward and know that "right now" is now a memory. Make great memories
by living great right now! Best wishes on all of the new things in your life!

BMoore...everyday said...

What a fantastic way to start a new year! Married, new family, new home, new blessings...just love the crisp newness of your blog today!

Cara Henderson said...

Yay! I love updates :) Love all these pictures. So many happy times and happy people :)

Lolly Fab said...

Ruby--I loved this blog and the photos which went with it! Perfect choices to illustrate the "story" you were telling.
and I love, Love, LOVED your dress. So modest. I'm very impressed!
I'll have to get back into writing and check back on what you have to say more often. It was fun "catching up."