Then I saw this:
and I'm pretty sure my brain short circuited for a moment. SO many things that I want to say about this so I'll just stick to the top 3.
1) Why would I trust someone who NEVER goes to church to influence my choice in where to "go to church"??
2) You shouldn't have to advertise with a billboard to get people to "come to church". If the members are doing their job in evangelism, the preacher(s) are doing their job in teaching Truth and the elders are doing their job in keeping the flock on the right track, God will supply the increase.
3) What in the world would make you think it's a good idea to model a church service advertisement after a BEER AD CAMPAIGN????
Sigh.
Stay stupid my friends.

1 comment:
* sigh * this billboard may very well reach out to those who run the other direction when they see steeples and crosses and such ... sure makes me wonder, too, because some of the smartest people in the world don't acKNOWledge God ... praying the members are being fed the truth when they 'go to church' there
Post a Comment