Sunday, May 4, 2014

Focal Point

While there is still one more half-day of lessons, tonight is the last night of Focal Point, and the end of the road for me (and many others) for this year's FP journey.

Focal Point is an amazing workshop that our congregation is blessed to host each year. Preachers from across the country (and this year two of our friends from Jamaica!) gather together with their wives and children to be educated and uplifted; to see old friends and make new; to fellowship and visit; and, most importantly, to glorify and praise God together for almost 4 solid days. It's an amazing experience.

For the last few years I've been able to take off work and help with the front table (registration, check-in, answer questions, give directions, make Starbucks runs, eat lots of chocolate and keep the hallway chatter to a minimum). It's a ton of work but it's with some of my closest friends so the exhaustion is easily ignored until the last room is re-set on Thursday.

This year, I've had to rely on Twitter and Facebook and text messages to keep me updated on the sessions and it just doesn't quite compare. C, the girls and I have gone over every evening for the night sessions - and they've been wonderful - but there is so much that happens during the day that you just have to be there for. It's been a long week, and I know I'm where I should be as I have my busy days at the hospital, but I already can't wait until May 2015 when I can be back!

More FP information: http://www.univcofc.com/what-s-happening/newmensbiblestudyforming

Listen to the lessons: https://sites.google.com/site/univcoc/resources

No comments: