So in the last few months I've been doing some reflecting on where I've been, mostly because I don't know where I'm headed in the next couple of months (not that anyone ever really knows 100%, but most people have a decently good idea.) I've noticed a few things that I keep saying I'm going to work on or do that haven't quite worked out yet....
1) I don't do well with "Every day I'm going to...." statements. This includes: posting a Proverb from the chapter of the day; working out; getting up in time to eat breakfast; getting up when my alarm goes off; taking 30 minutes or so to relax and unwind when I get home; etc.
2) I don't do change. Period. I like patterns and consistency and knowing what comes next. I don't like not knowing. I don't like looking for new jobs or apartments or towns / states.
3) People annoy me really easily. Not anything (or anyone) specific, I just find myself getting more annoyed, more quickly recently than I have in the past. Maybe it has to do with my own uncertainties, maybe people are just annoying, but since I work with people on a daily basis, I should really figure that one out.
4) I like my job. Unfortunately, I don't get to JUST do my job. I also "get" to do reports and go to meetings and participate in "strategic planning" that doesn't accomplish much because it never gets implemented. Those things ruin my job.
5) I miss the sunshine. I sat outside to read the other day and it just felt good.
Maybe I'll start sitting outside for 30 minutes every day to read a bit while I unwind from the day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment