So worst of bad timing stories EVER:
1) My apartment lease is up May 31.
2) I have to give notice March 31.
3) I can't sign a new lease anywhere because I don't know if I'll have a job after August 31.
4) I won't find out about the job funding situation until June 30.
5) Good apartments in a college town have to be signed in May for August.
SIGH.
Thankfully, I have awesome friends who are going to let me stay in their guest room for the summer and then I'll go from there depending on what happens. Which means:
1) I have to pack my apartment up
2) I have to decide what I NEED for the summer
3) I have to store everything else somewhere...
I figured the best way to do this is to schedule out the next 7 weeks by room. Goal: sort through everything by room; Pack what I'm keeping in "storage" and "house" piles and take everything else to Goodwill.
So here's the schedule:
April 10 - 14: Guest room and bathroom - easiest because I really only have part of the 10th and the 13th to work on it
April 17 - 23: Dining Room and Kitchen. Lot to sort through.
April 24 - 30: Closet and Laundry Room.
May 1 - 7: Bedroom. Yikes.
May 8 - 12: Work conference and Focal Point
May 13 - 16: Bathroom and Living Room
May 17 - 19: Work Conference
May 22 - 28: Sort stuff and haul stuff to Goodwill
May 29 - 31: Move out and Clean.
Hopefully things go according to schedule. If nothing else, I feel better that everything fits in between now and May 31 and that I don't have to get it all done in the last 3 days. Even if that's what actually happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment