Tuesday, September 27, 2011

30 Days of Thoughtful Threads

Goood morning! I know, I know...it's been awhile. Sorry.

So I've set forth a challenge for myself: 30 Days of Thoughtful Threads (catchy isn't it?).

I've recently become addicted to Pinterest and spend ridiculous amounts of time on there in the evenings. What I like most about it are the outfits that everyone keeps posting - mostly because I think: "Hey I could wear that!" (side note - this has brought on a slight obsession with Polyvore where you can build said outfits...and then buy them - see below.)
This leads me to the challenge: 30 Days of original outfits. Nothing can be worn twice in those 30 days (with the exception of pants...I don't have 30 pairs of pants). So starting Monday, every weekday outfit for 6 weeks will be thought out and planned to make it through the 30 days. I was going to just go with the month of October, but I have weekend plans that wouldn't allow for much choice in some of the outfits, plus I have some outside work to get done, so we're sticking with weekdays.

I think this will serve several purposes:
1) Closet clean out. By the end of 6 weeks, I will know what I wear and what I don't. Some of it will go to Goodwill; some of it will get packed away because it isn't winter clothing and I'm fixing to lose closet space; and some of it will sit there (suits, skirts, special occasion clothes, etc.)

2) I will get in the habit of consciously choosing my outfits instead of grabbing whatever is closest to the front of the closet.

3) I will get in the habit of writing on here - because I will post a picture and some statement of what I like about the day's outfit each day - which will fulfill my goal of blogging that I've set about 17 times in the last 2 years.

4) I won't have to do much laundry for the next 6 weeks - and let's face it: who wouldn't enjoy that??? 

Anyway, I'm excited about this for several reasons. So I'm going to spend the rest of the week planning and then jump into it on Monday!

 Yay :)
~RM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see what you create! Glad you're going to meet your goal to blog more.

Lisa said...

Woohoo! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!