I usually do fairly well with keeping up with my own schedule - getting things done, being on time, occasionally actually having free time. I'm slowly getting used to that not being as much the case anymore.
Caleb had to work late on Friday and all day Saturday so whatever plans we had together got totally rearranged - turned out to be good though! I got to spend some alone time with the girls on Friday and got some much needed catching up done at my house on Saturday. I even got to take a little bit of a nap Friday afternoon because I was able to leave work early!
Which leads us into a crazy hectic week - grocery shopping got moved to today because we weren't able to look at menu stuff until yesterday. We also have two meals that were planned for and got pushed because of the schedule change. Tomorrow is picture day at school. And open house. And karate. Wednesday is as busy as most Wednesdays ever are. Thursday is always our mystery day and then we hit Friday and Saturday again. Friday is our final house walk through, and I'm helping with the almost-in-laws initial inspection. Saturday brings plans for an Ikea trip!!! And wedding band shopping!!! and about 17 other smaller not as exciting tasks :)
So simple menu this week:
Monday: grilled pork chops, rolls and veggies (one of last week's pushed meals)
Tuesday: Breakfast for dinner (huge hit last week - pretty much blew the 6 year olds mind to have eggs for dinner!)
Wednesday: King Ranch chicken (pushed meal from last week - already have everything ready, just have to cook it)
Thursday: hamburgers
Friday: taco soup - it's feeling particularly fallish this week - plus this is a great recipe for left overs :)
Saturday: TBD - depends on what is on sale when we go shopping!
I love winter / fall foods - and grilling - so I'm glad that it's a little cooler this week to get to enjoy those things!
No comments:
Post a Comment