Yes - August. It seems like the year has flown by even faster this year than last... Not sure if it's a waiting for a wedding versus waiting for a baby issue or just having a life that's COMPLETELY different than last year that's making the difference :)
So highlights and planned posts for August:
HIGHLIGHTS:
1) MY GIRLS ARE COMING HOME! They've been with their mother since the beginning of July, and while we've gotten to see them a couple of times it's way too quiet (and way too clean) at our house and I'm ready for them to be home!
2) We're going to Fiesta Texas - the school has a reading program that for a certain number of hours, they can earn a free pass to Fiesta Texas...and I managed to score a great price on mine and C's tickets so (after parking and food...) it'll be a great and cheap end-of-summer day trip!
3) Each of the girls will get to go spend a few days with C's grandparents, so we'll have some one on one time with each of them closer to the end of the month. I plan on getting school supply and clothes shopping done with the one who stays home during that time instead of trying to cram it all in on one day with both of them together!
4) Birthday Party! The Oldest will be 11 at the end of the month! We've got some planning and inviting to do to get ready for that...three days before school starts.
4) School starts - and I think the girls are actually excited about it! Little Bit mentioned the other day that she's ready to make some new friends and the Oldest is excited because she gets to ride her bike home all by herself from the school this year (it's less than a mile - but it's the little things that count!) Hopefully that excitement will continue as we get readjusted to routine and alarm clocks and chores and homework schedules.
PLANNED POSTS:
1) Baby's Room - it's now cleared out (except the closet) and the wall that we're painting is taped. But we got interrupted last week so I didn't get around to the actual painting part quite yet. Other than that: still have to hang some shelves and start working on the bedding and curtains. I couldn't find anything that I liked in the stores so we're going homemade. At least that's the plan for now!
2) Front "garden" - got all the plants out and all the mulch up. Really need to make a decision on stones and get that taken care of before I get too huge and don't care anymore.
3) Top Meals...which means I have to get busy on our food planning for the month. Which means the big grocery trip is coming up soon. Woo! I imagine there will be a lot of the girl's favorites happening this month, which are mostly pretty simple because they like to help make them (which is probably why they are their favorites...) so that's a plus!
That's it for now! School means fall, which means Starbucks fall drinks are just around the corner!!! SO ready for Carmel Apple Spice, Salted Carmel Frappuccino and Salted Carmel Hot Chocolate. And Pumpkin Spice. And Chai Eggnog. And then it's Thanksgiving and acceptable to make (and eat) pumpkin pie every other day. And then it'll be December and we'll have our one year anniversary and a baby and.....
Well, hello August!
1 comment:
Ain't LIFE grand!!!!! Love the 'busy-ness' of your life...the details and the daily tidbits.....blessed indeed Oh Daughter of Mine....Blessed indeed...see ya late August!
Post a Comment