Saturday, February 21, 2015

40 Bags - Day 3 and 4

Yesterday was an insane day, so I didn't get anything taken care of; fortunately it worked out better to do all of the top cabinets in one day instead of dividing it in two like I planned so here are days three and four together:

Before - above the fridge because the gathering place of things we never / rarely used
After - got rid of the air popper and deep frier; we still use the others often enough to keep.

Before: Baking Cabinet - like most cabinets I have a ton of duplicate jars, too many measuring cups and way too many cookie cutters... and none of it gets put back so it starts to just pile up on (at least) the right shelf.
After: Reorganized the top shelf of cupcake / cake decorating stuff; cleared out some of the less frequently used items and got rid of duplicate jars of stuff; as well 3 cans of rock hard baking powder and two jars with barely enough yeast to cover the bottom.
Before: Above the stove - again, where can I shove these random items that I don't use enough to  give prime shelf space?
After: the pot is used specifically for sterilizing my daughter's trach tubes so it stays away from everything else; same with the paper towels - they are only used for items related to her that require one time use towels (we use cloth for everything else); decided to move the pitchers over here since they don't fit well in any of the other cabinets.
Before: Spices and storage containers; and random items on the top shelf

After: duplicate and expired (or rock hard from moisture) spices tossed or consolidated; I didn't dare move any of the storage bowls because it's taken me two years to get everyone else in my family to learn how to put them there; top shelf because holiday / party dish storage.
Before: Started out as dishes and became dishes and whatever else won't fit in the other cabinets
After: still pretty much dishes, added the serving dishes from under the cabinet a few days ago; cleared out all of the travel mugs that don't get used now that I don't travel which made more room for the often used blender and baby food ninja to move up a shelf so they're still accessible.
Before: Drink station - not much room change here without making my husband lose his mind trying to find the coffee supplies in the morning :)
After: cleared out some never used cups from the top shelf to make room for the remaining two travel mugs and special mugs that we can never ever ever throw away because they were gifts.

The give away pile:

Duplicate spices, outdated stuff, 5 year old candles, third set of mixing bowls that never get used, popcorn holders I've had since my first apartment; stack of Rudy's cups, etc....

Kitchen is officially done!

No comments: