Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I think I've gotten lazy...

My summers are usually...well, insane is the best word to use I guess. This year I was out of town 44 of the 92 days between May 1 and July 31. Over the last few years, August has become my catch up / vacation month. I work shorter days and take more time off to get ready for the start of the new year, which for us is September 1. Unfortunately, this year my August has been just as insane. S

So I've taken advantage of the time that I have been home and gotten extremely lazy. I'm caught up on every TV show that I watch, mostly because that's what I do for at least 2 or 3 hours a day when I get home. I've watched at least 4 or 5 movies a week to get caught up on the stack of movies I bought over the summer, but never watched. I spent all day last Saturday finishing books that I've started and abandoned over the last however many months it's been since I finished a book. I've gotten lazy. I've kept up with my housework, laundry, dishes, etc. but I don't do anything anymore. I wake up, go to work and sit at my desk all day (or run from meeting to meeting), go home, sit on the couch, eat dinner, more couch and then go to bed.

I'm most excited about this fall because people are back in town and I won't have an excuse for just sitting and doing nothing. (Not that I had a good excuse before...) Now I have Bible Study, devos, and other weekly activities to fill my evenings. I'll be teaching on Wednesday nights so I'll have to spend time preparing for that - not that it's a lot of activity but it's not sitting on the couch either! I've started re-adjusting my schedule so that I'm up at 7 and am going to try to move it earlier so I can start walking again in the mornings...something, ANYTHING, to get out of the apartment and do something besides sit!

Goodbye summer, goodbye countless hours of TV, goodbye lazy
Hello fall, hello plans, hello activity!

No comments: