"Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans." ~ Peter F. Drucker
I don't understand where a person's lack of commitment or unwillingness to consider commitment comes from.
I have friends who are unwilling to commit to a job because it might not be the right one. Ok fine, but at the moment it's your only option and you're broke. If you find a better job later, you can quit this one that you don't really like.
I have family who really need a change in their life but are unwilling to even look at the options because that would mean they have to commit to one choice and make a change. But if you never look at your options, you'll never know that there is a better choice that can be made and if you stay where you're at now, you won't be around much longer!
I know people who won't even consider the possibility of a relationship because it eliminates all other options. But then they complain about not having anyone in their life and being lonely. Guess what, there are levels of commitment in a relationship...start at the bottom, but start somewhere. You'll never know if it will work out with someone until you give it a shot.
I don't get it! If you're unhappy, if you know something needs to change, if you really like someone - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Don't just sit around and complain about it. I realize buying a new car or a new house or something huge like that requires some thought and takes some time and consideration. I realize that committing to a new relationship isn't something that you just jump in to without talking through some things. But until you're actually ready to consider your options - don't go shopping! Until you're ready to commit to someone - stop acting like and talking like you want to! If you really wanted to, you'd do it! Take the risk!
"There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either in or out. There's no such thing as a life in-between." ~Pat Riley
Sorry for the rant :)
No comments:
Post a Comment