Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ingrid Michaelson - Everybody

So when I get a new CD I usually listen to it over and over and over until I know all the songs and then I just skip through to the ones that I like the most. It used to drive my brothers crazy when we all shared a car because our rule was the driver gets to choose :)

It's very rare that I find a CD that I don't skip through any of the songs...but about 6 months or so ago a friend gave me a copy of Ingrid Michaelson's "Everybody" album and I'm pretty sure it's only been taken out of my CD player about 3 times...all on long trips when I just needed some variety.

They're not all happy songs, but each song has a line or two that I just absolutely love, so I thought I'd share them:

Are We There Yet:
They say you're really not somebody,
Until somebody else loves you.
Well I am waiting to make somebody,
Someboy soon.


The Chain:
I'll never say I'll never love
But I don't say a lot of things
And you my love are gone.


Everybody:
Happy is the heart that still feels pain
Darkness drains and light will come again
Swing open up your chest and let it in
Just let the love, love, love begin
...
Everybody feels the love
Everybody steals the love
Everybody heals with love


Incredible Love:
You are not mine to ask things of,
But I ask you anyway.
I ask you anyway.


Locked Up:
Like an angry apple tree,
I throw my apples if you get too close to me
But I look to my right, will I see the one to fight for?
If I look to my right...
Or if I turn to my left, will I see that I have kept my heart locked up?
Locked up so tight...


Maybe:
I don't want to be the first to let it go
But I know, I know, I know
If you have the last hands that I want to hold
Then I know I've got to let them go


Men of Snow:
And everything you love and hold so dear
Won't really matter when we disappear


Mountain and the Sea:
But then one day you'll go away, but I will too
But until then, oh my darling friend, well I will hold
Yes I will hold, yes I will hold
Yes I will hold on to you


Once Was Love:
Everyone is hurting now and everything is burning down
But I can build back my new town today
Just because there once was love,
Don't mean a thing, don't mean a thing


Soldier:
I sit in the back of a bus watching the world grow old
Watching the world go by all by myself
I took a faithful leap and packed up all my things
And all my love and gave it to somebody else
...
And so it goes, this soldier knows
The battle with the heart isn't easily won
But it can be won.


Sort Of:
And if I was stronger than I would tell you no
And if I was stronger than I would leave this show
And if I was stronger than I would up and go
But here I am, and here we go again.

No comments: