Monday, August 30, 2010

Teaching Bible classes

I started last week in my attempt to blog more often...even if it turns into more of a venting session...

Something that's been on my mind a lot recently is the 2 year olds Bible class that I start teaching on Wednesday. It's been about 3 or 4 years since I've taught and I am really nervous which surprised me because I don't typically get nervous about things. I really have no reason to be nervous either...we've got a great system for lessons at our congregation so everything is pre-planned and ready to go (and it's amazing!) and I've only got one student who regularly attends and she's a doll so it's really bothering me that I'm so nervous about it.

I think the biggest thing is that it's not just some random topic or training that I'm doing like I'm used to. It's not something that I can say "I'll just wing it" or throw something together in 5 minutes. I'm teaching young children (or child) about Christ. I'm teaching them lessons that will help build their foundation in learning the stories of the Bible. I'm teaching them lessons about obedience and listening and being kind; lessons that will be important to them for a long time to come.

Hopefully, like with most of my other trainings and workshops that I do, I'll get started and things will go fine and I'll laugh at myself for being so nervous. We'll see on Wednesday!

No comments: