I hope everyone had a great Christmas / New Year time - got to see family, take a trip, catch up on TV....whatever it is that you do during this time of year.
My break started off with Moving Day! You remember, the day I was supposed to begin the final move-in phase...the day that I said I would be posting pictures...the day it was all supposed to be done - that day became day one of the flu. Yep - went to bed Saturday absolutely exhausted - got out of bed Tuesday after three days of fever and chills and misery. I'm not a fun person when I'm sick so that's all I'll say about that.
So I spent my holiday vacation from work slowly regaining strength and moving one or two tubs at a time. Taking my time unpacking and sorting and organizing. BUT - it's finally done! I am officially moved in and settled. I have 4 bags of clothes to drop off at Goodwill, several boxes and bags of garage sale stuff, and a small(ish) corner of the garage still full of stuff that I have no room for but can't throw away. I'm a collector (NOT a pack rat or hoarder...collector)
Over the break I also go to go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra for the fourth time. Still amazing. Loved it. It was even better because our entire family went. Mom and Dad had never seen them and they loved it. This is my favorite song of theirs (light show version). And this one. And this one...I didn't take many pictures of the show because my phone battery was almost dead and I couldn't find my camera, but here are a couple:
I also got to see all of my grandparents this Christmas, which I think is a first since I was really young. I went home for a few days,and had a great time with my Mom's side of the family on Christmas Day. Another first: WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!
We have a tradition now on Christmas Day to go down to the city dump and shoot stuff - this year we were fortunate enough to have a couple of glass doors, an old Papa John's sign, some spray paint cans, two water heaters and a few propane bottles to aim at:
New Years Eve I watched the fireworks here - the show was intended for July 4th, but we were in a severe drought so that got cancelled. I hadn't seen a good fireworks show in years (aside from NYC last NYE) so I was pretty excited about that!
Anyway, point of this post is to say: YAY - I'm moved in! Hope you had a great time over the holidays. And I WILL post pictures tomorrow because I finally found my camera :)
Happy 2012 :)





No comments:
Post a Comment