I have a board on Pinterest called "Challenge Accepted" where I started posting different challenges that I'd like to attempt. Some of them 30 days at a time, some of them for as long as the challenge is, some of them might stick around for awhile. The goal is to change some of my habits, examine others, and just start making some small changes in my life.
The first challenge: Couch to 5K. The challenge is a progressive workout plan that takes you from your couch to being able to run a 5K in 9 weeks. Three times a week you plug in your headphones and go. The iPhone app tells you when to run, when to walk and helps you track your distance, rate, etc. Or you can just download the plan and keep track of all of that yourself. I know when I run, I am not at all able to focus on keeping time, or counting, so I appreciate the app. And it let's you plug in a playlist for the workout. I just finished Week 2, Day 1 and am looking forward to being able to run more than 45 seconds at a time!
Second Challenge: "Weekly Challenge" looked interesting. I'm already fairly conscious of what I eat, but that just means that I'm fully aware I should not be trying to accomplish Challenge #1 and eating ice cream at night :( Sad realization. So this challenge gives each day a theme that I think will help me start to put some regularity into what I'm eating and will lead into helping me accomplish challenge #3.
Third Challenge: Menu Planning. This one isn't posted on Pinterest, but I have several friends who do a weekly menu plan. As my schedule gets more crazy with work weekends, it would be really helpful to have one less thing to worry about. Plus I can get back to one grocery store trip rather than 3 or 4. And if I plan for it, Challenge #2 might actually work out.
After my 30 Day Clothing Challenge last fall, I got out of the habit of posting and writing (again) so these will give me something to write about - at least once a week :)
1 comment:
I hadn't seen the weekly challenge pin. Mondays seem like it might be hard for you ;) It would be hard for me, and I eat carbs! :)
Post a Comment