Monday, April 30, 2012

January, February, May....

Wow.

Is it May already?

Have I really not posted anything since February??

Is 2012 really almost halfway over???

Is it really MAY ALREADY?!?!

Ok - enough of that...I've been telling myself for the last 3 weeks that I really need to get on here and post something to let everyone (ok, all three of my readers) know that I'm still alive (even though they know that...) especially now that things have slowed down...HA. Slowed down.

So quick recap on the first 4 months of 2012: I posted some challenges I wanted to accomplish in 2012 at the beginning of the year so I'll start with those.

1. Couch to 5K: I did this for the full 9 weeks! And only made it through week 5 of the training program :( Life. Winter sickness. Busy schedule. I plan on starting back at week 4 on May 14 to finish out the program. It's on the calendar. I loved the program, the app is awesome, and I enjoyed running again so I'm excited to finish it out!

2. Weekly Challenge: This went really well until about the end of January. Then I started all my travelling for work so it went down the drain. Which means that goal #3 (Menu planning) went down hill as well.

Maybe that's why I stopped making New Year Resolutions or setting goals...I know that once the first two weeks of January are over, my life spins slowly out of control until May. Maybe I'll go to Summer Goals instead. So: May 14 - Couch to 5K resumes. That gives me 14 days to eat the rest of the ice cream and chocolate in my freezer so I can also jump back on board with the menu planning and MAYBE most of the weekly challenge. Meatless Mondays are really hard when you don't eat bread/pasta/rice/etc.

Other than that - work continues on the Shed Project. I'm all moved in and living comfortably, but still have small things to do. Like hang pictures. And make it pretty. I did get the baseboards hung (finally!) and a few other detail things tended to. The next big project is the porch. There are several large trees close to the porch that aid in keeping the sun off of the porch area always. Therefore, my porch is dirt. And when it rains dirt become mud. So we're working on creating a patio to cover that area. Pictures by Saturday!

I drove 4,849.6 miles across the state of Texas in 6 weekends. Love my job. Those 6 weekends make the other 46 weeks worth dealing with :)

We had a fantastic trip to Jamaica this year - 18 team members worked with the church in St. Ann's Bay to study with more than 185 individuals during the week. Amazing. Eight people responded to the Gospel by being baptized and one was restored to the church. Amazing. The best parts of the trip were 1) re-realizing the power that is in God's word and 2) seeing my Jamaican family from previous trips.

Went home for Easter and my Grandmother's birthday - great day with almost all of my family there, and got to bring some very important people to meet everyone :) Great day indeed.

I remember in January, when I got back to work and looked at my calendar, I thought "Wow - two free weekends, then it will be May." And guess what? It's May!

Time flies when you're booked solid for 4 months.

No comments: