I love when you are in the weirdest mood and you can't figure out what it is or why you are, but then a song comes on and perfectly describes what you are thinking. Or how a song can hit the nail on the head with how you feel about someone and never knew the words to say it. And it's even better when you hear those songs at juuuuuuuust the perfect time.
So these two songs aren't typically songs that I would say make my day - but this morning they did. I usually listen to a CD or my iPod in the car but for some reason, the radio was on this morning and I didn't bother digging for anything else.
The first song that came on was Uncle Kracker - Smile (on a country station...really?!?! - that's a different topic though) and the chorus (see below) always makes me think: wow, it would be great to have someone that made me feel that way, or to know that I made someone feel that way! So just when I was starting to think myself into a huge funk, which is not the best way to start ANY day, the next song came on.
Song #2 was Sugarland - Settlin. First of all, it's just a good song rythmically and has a great sound that just makes you want to smile. But then I had to start laughing because the chorus completely counteracted the mood I was thinking myself into.
So those are the two songs that made my day...so far :)
Smile:
You make me smile like the sun
Fall out of bed
Sing like a bird
Dizzy in my head
Spin like a record
Crazy on a Sunday night
You make me dance like a fool
Forget how to breathe
Shine like gold
Buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Ohh you make me smile
Even when you´re gone
Somehow you come along
Just like a flower poking through the sidewalk crack and just like that
You steal away the rain and just like that
Settlin':
I ain't settlin' for just getting by
I've had enough so so, for the rest of my life
Tired of shooting too low, so raise the bar high
"Just enough" ain't enough this time
I ain't settlin' for anything less than everything
No comments:
Post a Comment