I got back to the hospital last night in time for bath...which Baby Girl apparently loves! I got her undressed and on the table where they give them baths (they only do sponge baths) and she started smiling REALLY big like she knew what was coming. (I missed the smile in this picture but she was excited!)
After that we had a little bit of snuggling time before we went up to the sleep lab at 9:00. Then they had to start hooking her up to all of the electrodes and monitors and measurers. She started losing patience at about the 45 minute mark and pitching a fit every time the lab tech touched her. I felt bad for him, but it was almost 10:15 by the time he was finished and she was just a little bit tired.
They had to get at least 6.5 hours of sleep recorded in order for it to be considered a valid test, but if her oxygen level dropped below 90% for more than two minutes he said he would have to put her on a CPAP machine to provide pressure, but no oxygen because that invalidates the test results. So before she even fell asleep they had to put her on the CPAP. I was in and out for the night (yay hospital beds) and then they finally got enough data at about 5:00 am...right as I was fixing to have to leave. So I came back down to the NICU with her and helped get her settled back in before I left to go home, make lunches and get the girls ready for school...starting with waking them up late. Apparently they didn't set their alarms because they were so sure school would be cancelled because of our "winter weather". So sorry Girlies.
I got a couple hours of sleep before taking Big Big to her orthodontist appointment and then headed back to the hospital. The doctor was already gone for the day, but the nurse said they didn't have the final evaluation report ready yet so hopefully that will be done by tomorrow so we can get this figured out!
We spent some time with her napping in the rocking chair until I had to leave to go meet C and the girls at parent night for incoming 6th graders at the MIDDLE SCHOOL...how is Big already in middle school??? Baby Girl seemed pretty relaxed this afternoon so I guess the night wasn't too traumatic for her. I, on the other hand, am ready for my memory foam mattress and non-industrial smelling blankets!


1 comment:
Middle school!!! No Snow Day?? Stressful tests & hospital beds...... Lexi knows what to do.....bath time & to bed you go! Rest well Moseley family ♡
Post a Comment