Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Test Results - March 11

I was prepared for today to be a long day since we didn't get the results back from the sleep study last week until Wednesday. The nurse said this morning that she slept just fine with the nasal cannula and that the sleep lab was optimistic about being able to draw some conclusive results.

So we just spent the day hanging out. They increased her feed to 80mL which seemed to be a it too much at once. Usually when babies eat too much it comes back up, but with the fundoplivation part of her feeding tube surgery nothing can. So when she gets overfilled she just has very painful dry heaves, which is not fun to watch :( They took her back down to 75mL for now.

We came home mid-afternoon to get some stuff done and I got a call from the hospital (which always kind of panicks me) but it was quite possibly the best news ever: SHE'S COMING HOME MONDAY!!!!! 

The sleep study showed that she had absolutely no obstructive events when she was on the oxygen so everyone is comfortable sending her home on the nasal cannula. I'll need to talk to them tomorrow about how long they think she'll need that - but I was too excited to ask any questions while I was on the phone! The nurses also told Dr. P that they don't think I'll need to go through the whole two day "rooming in" process because I'm up there everyday and doing most of her care already.

So we'll spend the rest of the week getting everything ready for discharge, making follow up appointments, getting supplies ordered and figured out and getting her ready to go. They don't like to discharge babies on Thursday or Fridays because if something does go wrong it's usually within the first 2-3 days of being home and it's harder to get doctors to respond, get help, etc without taking them to the ER so we'll wait patiently until Monday.


My Baby Girl is coming home!!!!!

(P.S. We probably won't tell big sisters in case something delays it - so please help us keep the secret!!!)


5 comments:

BMoore...everyday said...

Praying the rest of the week goes smoothly... Praise God for blessings we can't begin to measure ♡

Melissa Crooks said...

Yay!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yay for baby girl and all of you!

sharon said...

That's wonderful news! I know y'all are so excited. Prayers for a calm, stress–free rest of the week. Hurrah for Lexis Jo! :-)

Kat_Maxson said...

O yay!!! Prayers for the recovery. :)