Sunday, April 6, 2014

Getting ready for surgery - April 6

Today is surgery prep day so they're getting everything ready at the hospital, and I'll be getting ready to be here by 6:15 by going to be as soon as possible tonight! It's amazing how quickly I adjusted to the noise of her machines at night, and how hard it was to sleep without them this week.

Sisters came to visit today, but she was sleeping so they (mostly Little Big) got bored pretty quickly just sitting quietly! They headed home with Dad for the afternoon while Nanny and I spent some time with Baby Girl. She showed off her impressive chipmunk skills by giving both hands into her mouth. She didn't want to take a nap laying down, but Nanny finally got her to sleep...for about 20 minutes. But we found a much more comfortable spot for her to nap after that:


They'll stop her feeds at 2:00 am and if everything is on time take her down to get started by 8:00. The procedure itself only take 90 minutes to two hours (normally) but they want to do a thorough airway evaluation first, and she's not a "normal" case so it will probably take longer. 

Thank you all for support and prayers!

1 comment:

BMoore...everyday said...

Love you dearly Lexi Jo! I'll see you in the morning Darlin' ♡