Apparently Baby Girl stayed up all night last night - and the nurses felt bad that she was awake and bored so they kept talking to her. Unfortunately, if she knows someone is going to keep talking to her she won't go to sleep because she doesn't want to miss out on anything. So she had only been asleep for about and hour when I got there this morning. My teaching nurse had to teach a clinic class this morning so I was on my own (kind of - another RT watched) for breathing treatments and suctioning today. No collar change today though.
The OT and PT came and played with her for a little bit and helped wear her out completely! They got her down on the floor and did some stretching, worked on sitting up and tummy time. She loves looking at herself in the mirror, but even that didn't help with liking tummy time :)
Then they put her up in this foam recliner chair thing to help her work on her neck movement and trunk strength...and she loved that! They set it up in her bed so she was up pretty high and could see everything and everyone that was nearby. They put some rings on her mobile so she could reach for them (but she was more interested in being nosy...) but at this point she was SO tired she could barely get a smile out. She was knocked out in about 10 minutes.
I talked to Dr. G about timeline for coming home and she was hesitant to say anything yet. Her response was: we'll see what the sleep study tells us next week. Based on that and how quickly we can get the new equipment and supplies for her trach approved and delivered, we'll see. So I'm hoping the sleep study goes brilliantly well, insurance is fully cooperative and we're home by the end of the month :) I know, I know - high hopes.
SLEEP well Baby Girl!


1 comment:
Hope & prayer are surrounding your Baby Girl. What's the award they give at beauty pageants? Miss Congeniality ... that's her alright! And she is a beauty!
Post a Comment