Friday, April 11, 2014

Post-Op Day 4 - April 11

Sorry for no update yesterday - I was home with a sick Little Big and didn't get around to writing one!

But I finally got to see Baby Girl today - and she was smiley and mostly happy! Her chest and abdomen X-rays look good - still a little dark on her lungs , but she's retaining fluids all over so Dr. G thinks that the diuretics will help get rid of all of that. She's off the pain meds now and doesn't seem like she's in any discomfort, but still isn't a fan of not having freedom with her hands. She kicked around enough before finally falling asleep that she got one foot free and that seemed to be enough because she fell asleep about 30 seconds later :)


Next week will be a big week:

- First trach change on Monday and they'll remove the sutures.
- Sleep study later in the week to see if she'll need CPAP support or oxygen at night
- Central line will be taken out Monday or Tuesday, as long as she continues to tolerate the increased feeds / decreased IV fluids
- Mama's training officially begins
- I can hold her again!!!! The most I've been able to hold her is today when I picked her up about 3 inches so the nurses could slide clean blankets under her.

Dr. G said not to be surprised over the next few weeks if there are a couple instances that she manages to pull out her trach, but not to worry (?!!??!) because she can still breathe without it, it's just harder for her. She'll learn and adjust to it being there pretty quickly. I don't think that will ever not freak me out...but who knows!

2 comments:

BMoore...everyday said...

You've got this Ruby Marie! This will 'simply' be the challenge of the week ...beginning Monday! Prayers it goes so smoothly that you get to celebrate her 4 month birthday AT HOME! ♡

SKJones said...

There's nothing sweeter than baby feet! Thankful that things are going so smoothly and praying that they continue to do so! Praying for the sweet Moseley family!