Friday, April 18, 2014

Now it's Friday! - April 18

No changes today! We had a short day, the bigs are gone and C got off early so I went home a little early too to get some yard work done.

She was happy and smiley today and had lots of attention! There aren't a lot of high maintenance babies in the unit right now so she gets a lot of visitors as the nurses are walking by - and she loves it!


I had a few questions about what it meant that her g-tube was switched out to "the button" so here's a picture of what she has now:


You turn the tube part so that it's unlocked, then it comes off and all that is left is the base part of it instead of a 6-inch tube always being there.



We tried out some new accessories today - the tube that provides humidified air to her trach leaves the front of her onesies soaked so I brought up some bibs. We don't want to put them all the way around her neck because she's already got a lot there so I'm going to have to sew some Velcro to the back of her onesies to attach them to because she enjoyed having something new to pull on. We also put on some Baby Legs (leg warmers) that Nanny got. She isn't a fan of being swaddled anymore but the temperature in the NICU fluctuates too much. I think these will help keep her legs warm...and adorable :)


This sleepy baby would not take a nap until her mobile turned off!


Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

BMoore...everyday said...

I learned something new today! Thankful for those who are teaching you. AND those leggings certainly do match her vibrant personality!