Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fall Favorites

Today has turned into an especially Fall-ish day...it's about 65* outside and raining. For some areas this is a good indicator that it's spring, but for us that would be 85* and raining.

I adore fall. I absolutely, positively, without a doubt, unquestionably, irrefutably, undeniably, indubitably, emphatically ADORE fall.

Here are a couple of reasons why:


Yes, that's ice cream. This also goes on my Summer list and Spring list - but in the fall it's not so cold that it makes you freeze to eat it, and not so hot outside that it melts before you get a chance to take a bite.


Hot tea. Especially Chai. Especially Chai Lattes. Which leads me to Starbucks.


(I had to copy this picture because I don't have a cup on my desk today. Thank you Google Images)

I always know it's officially Fall when two things happen: 
1) The Calendar says so...that's the best indicator in Texas;
2) the Starbucks menu says things like: Pumpkin Spice Latte and SALTED CARAMEL HOT CHOCOLATE!
Yum.



Hot cereals...used to include oatmeal, but that would be classified as a grain so I rely solely on Grits now. (read up - they're not grain.) Grits + cinnamon + sugar + butter = best cold morning breakfast I can make at the office. 


Soups. Of all kinds. Of all flavors. With all ingredients. Minestrone. Butternut Squash. Tomato. Chicken. Stew. There are a few cold soups I've found that I like, but hot soup takes the cake.


Have you ever had one of these beasts? I was introduced to these three years ago and would now like to make your life better. Honey Crisp Apple. If you compare it to other apples, the price is appalling...but this one apple = about 3 granny smith apples in size. It's sweet like a red apple but crispy like a green apple. Perfection.

Other favorites not pictured: pumpkin everything; butternut squash; hot chocolate; popcorn, a good book and a blanket; rain boots; regular boots; leggings; tights with patterns; the colors; dark nail polish; SCARVES!; travelling to other places that have real fall weather; jackets, sweatshirts and hoodies; being chilly but not freezing.

I adore fall. I absolutely, positively, without a doubt, unquestionably, irrefutably, undeniably, indubitably, emphatically ADORE fall.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love fall too!

BMoore...everyday said...

I love reading your blog...I love being privy to your daily escapades...it keeps me from missing you so much, like I'm right there with you throughout your day...AND I LOVE FALL, TOQ...I mean, talk about your perfect weather! I love jackets and sweaters; not heavy coats, but pretty jackets and sweaters
of all types that you can LAYER!