Monday, February 24, 2014

Back to business - Feb 24

We had a busy, busy morning but Baby Girl was happy and smiling the whole time! She looked like she got a lot more sleep last night than she has been. The nurse said she's breathing much more comfortably now too, so they think we just rushed the nasal cannula weaning a little more quickly than she was ready for.

PT came by and worked with her stretches and re-cast her feet. Baby Girl would not be still for her, but didn't complain or fuss - just smiling and wiggling :)


Respiratory Therapy is still working with her and she tolerating her treatments much better now. They said her chest x-ray looks much more clear than it did after they took her off the vent and that she's making good progress. Speech Therapy was also supposed to come by and work with her - they either did it while was at lunch or hadn't gotten around to it yet. One of the risks with the G-tube surgery is that babies can loose the desire to suck or take anything orally, which can greatly effect their ability to eat later, so they didn't want to wait to long before resuming that work. They weren't too concerned about her though because she's been working at getting her hands in her mouth and moving her tongue around a lot.

She took a really good, really long nap after such a busy morning. We spent some time rocking and cuddling after lunch, then I left her in her swing before I had to go. (I promise she likes it much more than this picture shows!)


I won't be able to see her tomorrow, but will call and get an update from the nurse. She should max out her continuous feed amounts at the 3:00 feeding today, then they'll start shortening the time at 6:00 pm.

1 comment:

BMoore...everyday said...

Nanny's due for a visit...wonder if I can hold off...because I'm pretty sure this Baby is going home very soon!♡♡