Nine weeks in and you'd think some patterns and routines would be fairly set...but apparently not! As of Sunday Baby Girl has been off her napping schedule. She's usually wake up around 8:30 or so and be awake most of the morning (sometimes a short nap before lunch) because that's when the doctors come by, or she'd be getting respiratory therapy or the PT / OT / ST crew would come by. Then she would sleep after lunch until I would leave around 2:00, another good nap around 3:00 or 4:00, and slept well all night. Since Sunday she's just been taking little 20-30 minute naps and is CRANKY in between! I don't know if there's too much going on around her that she doesn't want to miss out on or what, but I don't like cranky baby!
Anyway, they lowered the oxygen level on the nasal cannula from 4L to 3L overnight and then to 2L this morning so might be getting rid of that thing sooner than I thought! She's tolerating the feeds well so they're continuing to increase those and decrease the IV fluids. Surgeon said the tube and the site look great - shouldn't have any issues.
Dr. G wants to start hand or foot casting again (but not both) so they'll either come by later this afternoon or on Monday. The OT has something new she wants to try on her hands so I imagine that's what we'll start with.
Tomorrow we'll have some Big Sister visits and hopefully have a relaxing weekend getting ready to kick off week two of recovery!
1 comment:
Question of the day: How do you balance the stimulation (hard to regulate in the NICU) with the napping schedule with the alert & aware 2 month old in order to avoid Cranky Baby? Check these things of the list of age appropriate activities (cognitive function as well as fine motor skills) ♡ enjoy your Saturday with your precious family ♡
Post a Comment