The ST talked with me a little bit and is worried the muscles in her neck and jaw are starting to tighten up more. She has a tendency to pull her head forward, almost like its uncomfortable for it to be reclined or even upright. So she's going to work with me on some massage techniques I can do to help them stay loose.
We had a visitor come by today! A friend of mine asked recently on Facebook for some ways that he could break out of his comfort zone so I suggested coming to spend some time in the NICU - not much comfort there the first few days between all the beeping and crying and constant commotion! So he took me up on the offer and spent a couple hours with us. Baby Girl was comfortable enough with him to fall back asleep for another 30 minutes or so until we had to work with her hands! It was good to catch up with him and hear how everything in the outside world is going.
At lunch I went to a support group the hospital hosts about twice a month to help prepare parents for discharge. I wasn't planning on attending but when I was headed to the elevators to go down for lunch one of the nurses was headed to it and roped me in. I ended up being the only parent there today which turned out to be good because all of the staff that were there are familiar enough with Baby Girl's case that we were able to talk about some specific things to prepare for...and they kept saying how cute she is, how alert and attentive she is, and how much she's progressed :)
Another surprise today was when Dr. H stopped by, covering for Dr. G. He is the neonatologist that saw Baby Girl initially at the NB hospital. I thought he looked familiar but couldn't place him until he came back after looking over her chart and asked where I delivered because he thought he recognized the name and the case information, but that she was such a different baby than she was at delivery - he was very surprised at her progress!
So good day, good visit, good information and good surprise!


1 comment:
What a wonderful day! Wonder who planned this amazingly lazy, perfectly timed, full of important surprises day for you??♡♡
Post a Comment