Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 18: Thirty Days of Thoughtful Threads

Happy Wednesday! I woke up much more rested this morning than yesterday, which is a good sign that things are going to be better the next couple of days!

Day 18:



Docker khakis, navy button up that I really like the style of (and wish I had gotten in more colors) and tank underneath. And those shoes... You're only getting one outfit picture today because of those shoes.

Here's the story (as promised on Day 4...and again in that list on Day 6:


I was never a high heel person. And by high heels, I mean anything taller than flats. I had zero coordination so if it was higher than a flip flop, it was almost a guarantee that I would fall. These were kind of my training heels (I was in college when I got them) and they fooled me into thinking all sorts of great things about heels. They're low enough to the ground that they don't kill my weak ankles...not true for any other pair of heels I have. I can (and have) worn these every day for a week (long story short: I didn't pack shoes for that conference) ... definitely not true for more than one day with any of my other heels. I've never fallen off of or out of these shoes...I might have gotten a little overly ambitious with some of my other heels. End story: they're cute, they're comfortable, I'm pretty sure I paid less than $20 for them and I should have gotten them in black too. I've had these shoes for almost 5 years now, and the only wear you can see on them is on the bottom. Best. Shoes. Ever.

It's been a good day so far. And now you know more about my love for my brown shoes, which means your day just got better too :)


1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love shoes like that!

I'm glad you woke up rested . . . I hope that means you didn't hear the chaos of last night . . .