For this reason - you only get one outfit picture today. Sorry.
Day 4:
So this is slacks day - insert standard pair of dark brown slacks. This green shirt and I have gone round and round. It thinks it's supposed to look slightly wrinkled. And when I iron it, I agree: it looks better slightly wrinkled. But when I don't iron it, it wrinkles in weird spots that make it fit oddly. So more often than not, I don't iron it...and not just because I hate ironing.
Can we talk about these shoes for a bit? I love these shoes. These are the kind of shoes that by the time you realize how amazing they are, you want to go back and buy 5 more pair so you can wear them forever...but of course, they're all gone. Stay tuned for a special post about these shoes. They are that awesome.
So jewelry for today is blah. No bracelet, no watch, just plain silver post earrings. Instead, you get the story of the necklace that has been taken off 3 times in 6 years and the ring that left a red scratch down my finger as I tried to wrestle it off this morning.
The Necklace: This has always been one of my favorite verses. So before I left Midland for a summer in DC, followed by moving to San Marcos two weeks after I returned, "my guys" gave me this as my birthday/ almost graduation/ going away present. The fact that they put so much thought into it (and remembered my birthday!) made it that much more special. The three times it's been taken off: 1) about 5 years ago the chain broke - long story, still upsets me. 2) about one month ago I had an allergic reaction and my neck itched so badly the necklace was too heavy. 3) I took a picture of it this morning.
The Hug Ring: This is the first piece of jewelry that I remember my Dad giving to me. He and I have a unique relationship in that most of our communicating and time spent together is centered around work. We both have the same passion for working with young people, in particular focused around substance abuse prevention. The ring was designed during the time that Mothers Against Drunk Driving hosted the summer Youth Leadership Camps in Texas to be an ever-present reminder of the saying "Hugs not Drugs". While it serves that purpose, to me it also symbolizes the bond that I have with my Dad.
Hope I wake up soon this morning - but with the clouds outside, I might just make some hot chocolate and take my time getting into my work today :)
2 comments:
Those shoes are fantastic! Where did you get them? I have been looking for a similar style for over a year now.
I found them at Marshall's about 4ish years ago...
I wish I knew where to get more :(
Post a Comment