Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 9: Thirty Days of Thoughtful Threads

I was going to be brave and bold today. I was going to wear an outfit that I've never worn before. I was going to combine colors that I've never combined before. I was going to wear my new brown boots.

I still wore the boots.

Have you ever had one of those mornings when you're fairly excited about what you're wearing? And then you put it on? And you look in the mirror? Then you look at the clock and realize you don't have time to change the entire outfit and have to pick what goes? That was today.

Day 09:



Just the bow bracelet today...you know, to be brave and bold. It's a step above my normal jewelry wear.


So this is the outfit. New brown boots (love em) with capris (which are great to wear with tall boots when you run out of jeans in the winter) a crop shirt and tank underneath it. I've worn the crop shirt before...with a collared shirt underneath. It drove me insane both times. And I already wore a collared shirt this week. Plus teal and purple would be a new combination for me. 


So I put it all on...and changed my mind. 
Picture the above outfit, with this shirt instead:


Not quite as brave and bold. But I still like it. It's supposed to be mid 80s and slightly breezy today so it's a nice October spring day. And I really wanted to wear my new boots.

So even though it's fairly new, I think the crop shirt will end up in the Goodwill bag. I like the colors, I like the wide stripe, but the style doesn't so much work for me. Sad day.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Not sure about the crop shirt, but I do love that yellow shirt! I can't wait to see the boots on you!

rubymmoore said...

I thought the yellow shirt would be a bright spot in a semi-disappointing morning :)

BMoore...everyday said...

crop shirts can cause you to look like you got cropped in half...and if you already have capris with tall boots, the crop shirt would probably have just accented another dividing line midway up your body...long shirt and/or long front sweater vest type with the boots and capris would bring the eye down the body to the top of the boots...I agree with Lisa...want to see you in those amazing boots!

rubymmoore said...

You can't tell they're capris with the boots - I just didn't like the crop shirt :)