Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 19: Thirty Days of Thoughtful Threads

It's fall. And you can tell that today because it's overcast and chilly and I'm wearing long sleeves. Not that I have an impact on the weather... Anyway - I've been looking forward to today since Monday when it was 90* outside. 

Day 19:


Is that a difference necklace? Why yes, it is! The shirt I'm wearing today sufficiently covers my typical necklace enough to double up. This one is fun. My friend calls it the Never Ending Story necklace because it looks similar to the symbol on the front of the book.


Yay for collared shirts. And stripes. And my new boots. We've also got a repeat item: I wore the capris on Day 11...but since they're not being worn as capris, I'm not really counting it. The joy of making up the rules :)


Remember way back on Day 2 when I made the remark about new brown boots and Target and a buy one, get one half off sale? Never happened. I ordered the boots and the bag. Then I went to Charming Charlie's and found the boots you see above. So I thought, I should buy them, then when the Target boots come in, I'll return whichever pair I like least. The Target boots never shipped. After 2 weeks I cancelled the boot part of the order. Which made the bag almost $45 (added back in shipping and handling and all that mess). So when it arrived, I returned it. No new bag and substitute brown boots. I went to Target last Friday and a bag the exact same color and almost 97% same style as the one I returned was on the clearance shelf for $7. Can you say: AWESOME day???

I hope fall stays this time. It's been tricky a couple of times and gone away after a couple days :(

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I really love those boots! I hope the cold front has arrived . . . it wasn't cold or even really cool to me when I was outside earlier.

rubymmoore said...

Me too...it was chilly when I left this morning, but not so much to make me think it would last all day :(