Baby Girl still didn't like her breathing treatments, but she didn't try to scream like she usually does. I think it might've been harder to just watch her eyes well up with tears than watch her try to scream. She was also pretty fussy when the PT was working with her arms, which was very unusual.
Dr. G did decrease the pressure on her nasal cannula to 4.5 liters. She didn't increase her feeding, but she shortened the length from 2.5 hours to 2 hours. She also decided to add a protein powder to four of her feedings every day to help her weight gain. She's only gained 10 grams in the last two days and Dr. G wants to see much more than that. Baby Girl's metabolism is just too high after everything she went through last week and is absorbing every bit of the milk each feed!
I left my phone in my bag for most of the day so I didn't take any pictures - sorry! I'll try to remember on Thursday. I won't be going tomorrow - I'll be cleaning out my office and turning in my resignation papers to HR. C and I decided with all of the follow up appointments, therapy, orthopedic work that Baby Girl will be going through that it would be best for me to be able to concentrate on her medical needs without having to split my attention. There are also very few (aka: none) daycare centers that would be able to give her the attention she needs. Anyway, lots of changes in our lives!
Stay warm Baby Girl!
4 comments:
Change is so very difficult on so many levels....but when God is moving you through the transitions the results are PHENOMENALLY MIRACULOUS!!! ♡ praying for your little family ♡
Just so know I read these posts every day and I'm keeping you and baby girl in my thoughts. The center is suffering a great loss and i know you didn't come to decision lightly. I'm glad you are doing what is right for your family.
Ruby-you're so talented in so many ways! You're just going to get to use a different set of talents now. There is no one better to take care of your sweet little girl, and you and C are doing a great job! I have no doubt that you will find creative ways to use all your talents throughout your life. Still praying for your whole family!
We are praying for your family as you make this transition. Having the right priorities makes change a little easier to handle. Lexi is such a blessed little girl to have such a caring family! We love you and are always here for you.
Post a Comment