Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Days like today - Jan 15

I wish I could give a glowing report of leaps and bounds in progress everyday, but some days are like today...

Today I got to sit and watch Baby Girl struggle with having a tube down her throat every time the sedation wore off enough for her to be conscious.

Today I got to watch her burn through the sedatives quicker than they could give them to her, knowing that she's at her max dosage and is going to wake up for about 20 minutes every time before they can give her more.

Today I got to watch them put her feeding tube back in, following the same path as the tube already down her throat, so they can start giving her minimum amounts of milk to keep her digestive system from shutting down.

Today I got to watch them do a sonogram on her heart to make sure it's ok with all of this extra stress.

Today I got to watch them suction more fluid out of her lungs because her body still knows that thing isn't supposed to be in there.

Today I got to watch her almost stop breathing when she had an allergic reaction to the pain medication they were giving her. Then I got to listen to them tell me that happened once already but they weren't sure it was the fentanyl - now they know.

Today I got to leave knowing that I get to do the same thing tomorrow because the ENT spreciist had something come up and isn't available until Friday to extubate her.

2 comments:

BMoore...everyday said...

Oh Ruby ... ((((hugs))) ... <3

Unknown said...

Sweet girl. My thoughts and prayers are with you.